CradlePoint Devices / Services
Williams Trinity Group is authorized to sell the full line of Cradlepoint devices. Roll out of 5G by all cellular providers is well underway. By now you have probably even heard a little bit about how they are going about it. Even though they have some differences between them, 5G will have a large impact on how you use data.
Helping Employees Stay Securely Connected While Working at Home or Away from the Office
Many companies have been ordered closed or have chosen to send employee’s home to work in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This provides the social distancing that is being recommended to help reduce the spread of the virus. Below is some information that will help with challenges that you and the company face. Many employees have laptops and some sort of home Internet. Companies still have concerns with security and manageability of the remote users. With families having multiple users at home (parents and students) with people trying to keep up with their work, and students trying to do schoolwork or entertain themselves on the same Internet connection. This has created challenges around the demand for bandwidth.
Cradlepoint has provided a shortened list of best practices and whether and how they can use their Cradlepoint solutions to support remote workers.
- To simplify security, consider putting all traffic on a VPN from the router to the data center, and funneling that traffic through security services in the data center. This will maintain consistency with existing in-office policies. This is especially important if using the Cradlepoint NetCloud Essentials for IBR600C for a work-at-home solution, as it doesn’t support threat protection or content filtering on the router.
- It is possible to build a Wi-Fi policy that can limit which MAC addresses can connect to a given SSID. This can be used to limit access to the Cradlepoint edge router to only corporate assets such as company laptops or phones.
- If there is interest in maintaining visibility into the applications used at home, it is possible to turn on application visibility with a NetCloud Advanced package, although this can reduce the maximum throughput on an edge router. This is recommended with Cradlepoint NetCloud Essentials plus Advanced for AER1600 or AER2200.
- Content filtering, also available with a NetCloud Advanced package, can limit which websites can be accessed. This can help prevent malware or viruses from being installed on company assets.
- For small deployments with fewer than 50 locations, Auto VPN allows very fast setup of secure connectivity between those endpoints and a Cradlepoint endpoint used for VPN termination such as the CR4250 or Cradlepoint Virtual Router.
- NetCloud Perimeter is included with all NetCloud Solution packages and can be used to set up a network overlay that will isolate and protect data. Beyond the router, NetCloud Perimeter Client can be installed on computers, phones, and laptops. This can allow you to separate corporate assets used at home, even when leveraging your home Internet connection.
- If you just want to provide more reliability to the at-home network, you can have the employee plug his or her DSL or cable link into a Cradlepoint router to be used for primary connectivity, with the wireless link used for burst or failover.
Case Studies and Solutions
Williams Trinity Group is authorized to sell the full line of Cradlepoint devices. The roll out of 5G by all cellular providers is well underway. By now you have probably even heard a little bit about how they are going about it. Even though they have some differences between them, 5G will have a large impact on how you use data. Cradlepoint and WTG is prepared for the 5G evolution and can help with your needs. We can configure, manage, deploy, support, as well as provide any hardware or software for all your technology needs. Williams Trinity Group can provide your business with Cellular Service from Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile